Van Beest Green Pin Shackles
|Van Beest Green Pin Shackles|
- Shackles are used in lifting operations and static systems as removable links to connect (steel) wire rope, chain and other fittings.
- Screw pin shackles are used mainly for nonpermanent applications.
- Safety bolt and fixed nut shackles are used for long-term or permanent applications or where the load may slide on the pin causing rotation of the pin.
- Chain or dee shackles are mainly used on one-leg systems whereas anchor or bow shackles are mainly used on multi-leg systems.
- Green Pin® offers a wide range of bow and dee shackles for a variety of applications.
- The range stretches from WLL 0.33t to 3000t.
- This provides our customers with a very extensive range to choose a shackle that suits their application best. Most of the shackles are directly available from stock.
- Furthermore, shackles can be supplied to many standards such as the US Federal Specification RR-C-271, EN 13889, British Standard 3032, DIN 82101 etc.
- Additionally we offer a wide range of general commercial shackles, which are not suitable for lifting but merely for fixing purposes.
- Van Beest offers a wide range of other shackles to complement the Green Pin® assortment.
All Green Pin® shackles have a specific design for a specific application. Some examples are:
- Green Pin Super® Shackles which are made out of grade 8 steel.
- They are designed to be used in confined spaces.
- The higher material strength is used to reduce the physical dimensions of the product whilst maintaining its WLL and functionality;
- Green Pin Polar® Shackles are for use in extreme climatic conditions with material properties guaranteed up to temperatures of -60°C;
- Green Pin Power Sling® Shackles are designed to provide a better radius to the sling it lifts. A bigger radius increases the life span of the sling significantly;
- Another example of a functional design is a shackle pin with a square sunken hole. Because of the flat head there is less risk of the shackle getting caught in a net or a line.
These are all examples of highly functional designs, to optimize the use of the Green Pin® shackles in daily use.
Shackles used for lifting applications are generally marked with:
- Working Load Limit - e.g. WLL 25 T
- manufacturer’s symbol - e.g. GP
- traceability code - e.g. HA indicating a particular batch
- steel grade - e.g. 4, 6, 8
- CE conformity code (Conformité Européenne) - CE
Green Pin® Shackles meet all relevant requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and its latest amendments.
Shackles supplied by Green Pin® can be hot dipped galvanized, electro-galvanized, painted or self colored, depending on the type of shackle and its application. You can find the finish of each type of shackle in the product section further on.